Sunset Paddle at Edward Medard Park
Join us for a short and relaxing 2-mile paddle around the Edward Medard Reservoir to watch the sunset and observe dozens of Florida wading birds flying home to roost for the evening.
Check out the pictures from our previous trip courtesy of Park Ranger Chris Foster.
Things to know
- Pre-registration is required to participate
- See the register button below
- $5 per person
- $2 per vehicle park entry fee for up to eight people
- Paddling distance is approximately two miles
- A limited supply of canoe and kayak rentals available
- $25 for canoe/kayak rental
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early if you are renting a canoe or kayak
- Email Chris Kiddy to check availability
- You must be able to swim to participate
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- This program can be cancelled at short notice due to weather conditions
- Maximum participants: 14
Things to bring
- Water in a reusable container
- Waterproof storage bag
- Water-friendly shoes
- Flashlight with white light
For more information contact Chris Kiddy or call (813) 853-1177.