How to post to KidsOutAndAbout's Parent Bulletin Board
Need to trade child care days with another family in your area? Need a tutor? Need others in your area to complete an education "pod"? Need curriculum resources? Welcome to our new Parent Bulletin Board system. KidsOutAndAbout.com is helping parents band together to get through the COVID-19 emergency as gracefully as possible.
Just create a free user ID and password to our parent bulletin board system, then post what you need and what you have. Post, edit, and take down listings as desired!
It's free to use and easy to post. Here's how:
1) Create a parent User ID and password to our site by clicking that link or by going to the "For Organizations" menu item in the top right-hand corner and clicking Parents: Register A New Parent Bulletin Board User ID.
2) Then from your account page, click the Post to Parent Resource Page to post to our parent bulletin board.
3) Indicate your school district and school(s) (or just the school if it is a private school), your ZIP / postal code (our list is sorted by zip code so that those in the same school district are listed together), plus the grades of your kids, your general needs, and a more detailed paragraph or two. Then click SAVE.
4) At first, your listing will be unpublished and awaiting administrative review. As soon as our administrator reviews your user account and posts it, this listing will be publicly available, usually within a few business hours.
5) Once the post has been approved, you'll be able to view your post along with others' postings on the Bulletin Board. Scan the list to see whether your listing still reads as you would like it to read. To edit it, go back to your My Account page, click on your posting, and click the Edit tab. To delete your posting, Edit it, scroll down to the bottom, and click Delete.
Video with click-by-click instructions:
KidsOutAndAbout.com is not responsible for monitoring the content of the postings... this is a free community resource to help during the COVID-19 emergency. While we do our best to monitor content closely, we do not vet the validity of each resource, so, as with child-related resources, we ask parents to investigate each opportunity independently. If you ever see a posting you want removed, or have any questions, click here to email our VP of Operations, June Santini.